For Seamly website and Seamly forum
Seamly does not buy or otherwise receive data about you from data brokers, nor share data about you with data brokers.
Seamly collects data about you:
- when you browse, login, post, or send messages on our forum at https://forum.seamly.net
- when you browse or interact with our webpage at https://seamly.net
- when you download our software from our webpage at https://seamly.net
Seamly uses data about how you to:
- optimize the forum and website, so that they are quick and easy to use
- diagnose and debug technical errors
- defend the forum and website from abuse and technical attacks
- compile statistics on forum and topic popularity, and on the website for areas of interest
- compile statistics about our software and computers visitors use
Seamly usually stores data about users on our website in unidentifiable form, on our forum in identifiable form for just a few weeks, and email about users who download software to keep them updated about software releases until they request otherwise. In special circumstances, like extended investigations about technical attacks, Seamly may preserve log data longer, for analysis. Seamly stores aggregate statistics about use of the forum and website, but those statistics don’t include data identifiable to you personally.r
Seamly does not sell or give information about you to other companies or services. Some of the following services are in use by the forum:
- Google Analytics Global Terms of Service – Google Analytics Compiles visitor statistics on some forums, including meta.discourse.org. You can opt out of Google Analytics using a browser extension.
- Amazon Web Services AWS Privacy Provides cloud servers and services, in service regions across the world, to host and back up some forums.
- Digital Ocean https://www.digitalocean.com/legal/privacy/ Stores backups for many forums.
- Fastly https://www.fastly.com/privacy Provides a content delivery network of servers that host copies of content like images and website files, so that users around the world can download them quickly, from servers close to where they are.
- MaxCDN https://www.maxcdn.com/legal/#pp Provides a content delivery network.
- Google Cloud Messaging https://policies.google.com/privacy Sends push notifications to users of the Discourse Android app.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You can send questions and complaints to:
- Seamly at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this forum, and
- Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc at email@example.com for questions about Discourse forum software
For complaints under GDPR more generally, European Union users may lodge complaints with their local data protection supervisory authorities.
This document is licensed with Creative Commons license CC-BY-SA 4.0. This page was last updated on January 28, 2021.